Dancing Astronaut's Top 10 Tracks of May 2014
Want an easy way to make sure you’re up to date on all the latest, best music? Dancing Astronaut takes a look at the top 10 tracks officially released in May and ranks them based on a combination of reader feedback, track quality, editorial preference & critical reception.
Dancing Astronaut wraps up May for you with another edition of our top 10 tracks of the month. April’s list features massive tracks from reader favorites Nero, Porter Robinson, and Deadmau5. Not to be missed are also fantastic efforts from Joris Voorn, Chocolate Puma, and Sharam.
10. Sluggers - Courtesy (Original Mix)
9. Marcus Schossow & Arston - The Universe (Original Mix)
8. Sharam - Tripi (feat. Manfred Mann's Earth Band)
7. Chocolate Puma - Rubberband Lazer (Original Mix)
6. Rina Mushonga - Eastern Highlands (Joris Voorn Remix)
5. Third Party - Everyday Of My Life (Original Club Mix)
4. Cazzette - Sleepless (feat. The High)
3. Porter Robinson - Sad Machine (Original Mix)
2. Nero - Satisfy (Original Mix)
1. Deadmau5 - Seeya (feat. Colleen D'Agostino)
Just a few weeks away from the official release, Deadmau5 spoke with Zane Lowe in regards to his new album. “It’s a bit of a departure,” Joel explains about “Seeya,” moments before teasing his second song of his upcoming 25-track double LP release to come. For those familiar with the Mau5′s previous discography, a ‘departure’ it is indeed as “Seeya” blossoms with an atypical melodic touch in the form of Colleen D’Agostino’s vocal lifts. Simply put, Joel has found a sound and trend of the future with this single, and it is due to become of the year’s most celebrated hits.