Yesterday, March 14, REZZ elated her legions of dedicated followers by opening up to questions in a Reddit AMA. Hosted on the sub-reddit for Electric Forest (where she’ll be playing this June), Isabelle Rezazadeh didn’t shy away from insightfully answering questions on any topics asked of her. Ranging from her production techniques, to her favorite YouTube producers’ tutorial channel, to the question of her sexual orientation, REZZ’s duly fulfilled the proposition to ask her anything.
Here are 11 interesting facts we learned from the Canadian producer’s AMA:
1. REZZ is (mostly) sober.
2. She does all her own sound design and mastering.
3. Like many other producers, REZZ taught herself how to use Ableton through YouTube tutorials. She recommends the SadowickProduction channel as a particularly helpful resource for beginners.
4. Her signature goggles don’t impair her vision onstage.
5. Unsurprisingly, Gesaffelstein and deadmau5 are REZZ’s ideal living collaborators. On the same topic, Kurt Cobain stands out as her first choice of late artists.
6. Despite the aggression of her own music, REZZ prefers to listen to more sedate tunes in her downtime outside of the electronic realm.
7. Apparently, no middle name separates Isabelle from Rezazadeh.
8. “Edge,” off The Silence is Deafening EP is her favorite (released) song of her own. She created the recognizably strident lead synth by using NI’s Massive VST and Ableton Redux.
9. REZZ has a number of covert collaborations on the way (cue speculation).
10. Though she doesn’t ascribe to a specific sexual orientation, REZZ falls somewhere in the middle of the Kinsey scale.
11. REZZ didn’t aspire to become a professional musician until she began producing.
Read the full AMA here.
Featured Image via Rukes/HARD.