DA’s Best of the Rest: Monday July 16th, 2012
And just like that the weekend is over, and it’s back to the harsh reality of the normal work week. Thankfully, however, most Mondays are marked by an influx of new music — and today was no different. In between the monster releases from Afrojack, Nicky Romero, and Fedde Le Grand, we also learned of Tomorrowland’s streaming intentions, Axwell’s future plans, and our kicking off a countdown of the best (and worst) moments of 2012 (so far), it’s hard to keep up. If you can believe it, there’s even more stuff we didn’t get to post today — keep reading for the highlights.
DA POSTS YOU CAN’T MISS
1. Tomorrowland is streaming on YouTube. Seven hours a day. For three days. Hell yes.
3. Axwell revealed some of the insights into what he has planned for the future in a refreshingly honest interview. It’s a must-read for anyone at all interested in the Swedish House Mafia story.
4. Our first entrant into DA’s Best of 2012 (so far) is the unforgettable video for Dada Life’s “Rolling Stone T-Shirt.” Once you see it, you can’t forget it. Sorry.
Bonus: The DA editors continue to reveal their picks for the DJ Mag Top 100; today we hear from Dylan Farella.
MORE NEWS AND MUSIC
1. While everyone on the planet focuses on how much money big business is raking in on the dance music craze, OneBeat Channel takes a look at the other side of things, and highlights a few organizations giving back to further the culture.
2. BeatMyDay had the pleasure of going to Swedish House Mafia’s farewell UK show at the Milton Keynes Bowl. They have a full recap of the night, tracklist included.
3. R3hab is offering a free download of his Jay Sean remix “I’m All Yours.” The chainsaws are back, baby!
4. Morgan Page is once again giving away his bootlegs, this time, his mix “Derby Fight.”
Don’t miss a beat! Check out our Best of the Rest from Friday the 13th here.