DA’s Best of the Rest: Friday August 3, 2012
It’s been another whirlwind week in the world of dance music, and things are finally coming to an end before a noticeably busy weekend of events. HARD Summer is going down in LA, The Veld Festival is going down in Toronto, and Gareth Emery will be playing at New York’s Governors Island tomorrow. In the meantime, we’ll keep you up to the latest with our daily Best of the Rest.
DA POSTS YOU CAN’T MISS
1. As promised, DJ Mag has begun releasing the names of DJs it has caught cheating in the Top 100 DJs poll. First up: Miss Diamond. Sure, you’ve probably never heard of her (we haven’t either), but now she’s infamous.
2. SOL Republic has teamed up with Deadmau5’s cat Professor Meowingtons for a line of limited edition cat headphones. Yes they’re $999 and cats definitely do not need headphones, but the proceeds go to the ASPCA.
3. We’ve got a new episode of our Axis podcast, with a very special guest mix from South Central.
MORE MUSIC AND NEWS
1. SiriusXM’s Danny Valentino is out with a new episode of his Dance Nation podcast. Listen to it here.
2. The New York Times interviews Skrillex about everything from the home in LA he’s never set foot in to what kind of food is served on Kanye West’s jet. The key takeaway: “You can put yourself through whatever to attain what you want to attain.”
3. Erick Morillo and Chuckie will be closing out Governors Island with Subliminal Sessions versus Dirty Dutch, set to take place on Monday September 3rd. Tickets go on sale at Noon EST on Tuesday August 7th.
4. The full video for the Ralph Lauren Denim and Supply Mix of Avicii’s “Silhouettes” is out on YouTube. This version is hot — no other way to say it.