DA’s Best of the Rest: Thursday August 16th, 2012
It’s Thursday, which means it’s almost Friday but before we start celebrating the arrival of the weekend let’s recap today’s news and releases. The most exciting bit of news is that a Swedish storm is set to blow through New York City on Halloween. Although there are still some pieces to put together, we do know the storm will be comprised of Sebastian Ingrosso, Otto Knows, and Alesso. Read on for the rest of today’s roundup.
DA POSTS YOU CAN’T MISS
1. Sebastian Ingrosso, Otto Knows, and Alesso launch cryptic ‘Mixed Up’ promo for Halloween.
2. Thomas Gold releases “3 For Free From Thomas G” EP, featuring three of his summer ‘Gold-legs.’
MORE MUSIC AND NEWS
1. In preparation for his Fall 2012 tour Bassnectar has invited his fans to create a design, which will be featured on a t-shirt, poster, sticker, and/or potential tattoo. The theme for the contest is “freestyle,” so let your imaginations run wild. One winner will receive two tickets and a meet and greet with Lorin Ashton, the man behind Bassnectar. Designs are due by August 22, for more details head here.
2.Avicii gives us a teaser of his remix package to “Silhouettes”
<iframe width=”600″ height=”338″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/bwHPUHQrb7I” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
3. Jerry Rekonius uploaded a preview of his song “Turn Up The Bass,” which is set for release on Spinnin records soon.
4. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike released a short preview of their song with Yves V entitled “Aftermath.” The track is a bomb and has already received support from the likes of David Guetta, Tiesto, Markus Schulz, Gareth Emery, and more.
5. For a Thursday trap treat check out Vaski’s remix of “All You Ever Want.” The track is available for free download on his SoundCloud.