DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine #1
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week features recently released tracks from LA-native Sound Remedy and OSWLA’s Dillon Francis and Kill Paris , as well as slightly older releases from drum-and-bass group Dexcell, Pryda Friends-endorsed Fehrplay, and Australian producers ’96 Bulls. If you missed any of DA’s more mellow posts from the week, make sure to check out the full stream of Calvin Harris’s new album 18 Months, Dennis Ferrer’s remix of Nick Curly’s deep house tune “Underground,” and Zimmer’s dreamy, imaginative Desert Drive Mixtape. Click past the break for 5 tracks to get you over your hangover.
1. Sound Remedy offers a sparkling, feel-good remix to the Killers’ catchy single “Runaways” as a Free Download on his soundcloud.
2. Dillon Francis and Kill Paris remix Monsta’s “Where Did I Go?” into nu-disco moombahton. Pick up Monsta’s self-titled EP on Beatport.
3. Drum ‘n’ bass never sounded so seductive. Dexcell remix “Angels,” the lead single off The XX’s upcoming album Coexist. Like Dexcell on Facebook for a free download of the remix.
4. Upcoming Swedish house producer Fehrplay delivers his Pryda-certified “Nightride,” a well-layered progressive house gem. Purchase the track on Beatport.
5. The ’96 Bulls craft a wonderfully soothing nu-disco remix of 360’s “Run Alone.” Download it for free here.