DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
Now that the insanity of Miami Music Week and Ultra has finally come to close, it’s time for some serious resting and recuperation. This week’s edition of Sunday Morning Medicine is light enough to soothe your overexposed ear drums, but groovy enough to have you harkening for a return to the lovely South Beach. With a garage track from Kastle, an assemblage of deep house tunes from Tiga and Cillo, and some indie dance remixes from Anoraak and C2C, this week’s SMM is just what you need to get you back on your feet.
If you missed any of last week’s more chilled out selections, make sure out DCUP and Lenno’s nu-disco collab, “Supafine,” Andrew Bayer’s latest album preview, “Lose Sight,” and Jonas Rathsman and Nibc’s collaborative Levitate EP. For five tracks to nourish your battered ear drums, click past the break.
1. When Kastle’s new album drops in a few weeks, the music world will be freshly inundated with beautiful garage and deep house originals. To prepare for its much anticipated release, check out Kastle’s garage tune “Already Know.”
2. While Duke Dumont’s “The Giver” is well-known enough, the Tiga remix does not get as much recognition as it should. The Turbo label head’s rework is a brilliant seven minute rendition.
3. You probably haven’t heard of Ireland’s Cillo before, but if you’re a fan of deep house, it’s a name worth remembering. “It’s You” is his latest and it’s fantastic.
4. We’ve featured French producer Anoraak before, and for good reason. His recent take on Trésors’ “Pleine Lune” is both engrossing and emotional. Pick it up for free from SoundCloud.
5. C2C’s remix of Vitalic’s “Fade Away” was released digitally just a few days ago. The remix exudes a happy, indie charm, and its mirthful nature is contagious.