DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Daft Punk Edition
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
Random Access Memories remixes started popping up almost immediately after release of the disco-inspired album. SMM has sifted through the bunch to find the best in chilled-out covers from Pretty Pink, No Big Deal, Golden Pony, Nicholas Jaar and Vanderway to help you relax DP-style this Sunday.
If you’re looking for deeper, more laid back posts from this week, check out Tom Flynn’s “My Hut” EP, the MK remix of Jamie Antonelli’s “Divine,” Mt. Eden’s “Walking on Air” EP, and Klingande’s Summer mixtape.
1. Upcoming female German producer Pretty Pink has added a subtle groove to the Daughter cover of “Get Lucky,” turning it into a deeper, soulful version of the original.
2. Toronto producers No Big Deal spin “Giorgio by Moroder” into ambient-inspired, cinematic melodies leaving the intricate original elements at bay.
3. Brooklyn producer The Golden Pony switches up “Doin’ it Right” by adding an optimistic, indie-dance vibe complete with layers of deep bass and interstellar synths.
4. Racking up over 1 million SoundCloud plays, Vanderway provides his complete edit for Random Access Memories, adding a crafty musical element turned up in groove.
5. Coming from his ambitious Daftside project, Nicolas Jaar wows audiences once again with his incredible production talent. Although he mixed the entire album,”Beyond” comes in as my favorite.