Pete Tong, Afrojack, Beatport CEO Matthew Adell announced as EDMbiz 2013 panelists
Along with the exciting times that come with the third year of EDC Las Vegas, Insomniac has planned for the second year a concurrent dance music-focused conference named EDMBiz. This year the event will be held again at The Cosmopolitan on June 18, 19, and 20th — right before EDC Las Vegas hits The Speedway. While the keynote speakers for this year’s event were already announced a few weeks back, Insomniac has now shared a revised and updated list of the panelists that’ll be joining the many industry enthusiasts as well as a list of the topical and fascinating panels set to take place during the conference.
This year’s keynotes will include a conversation with CAA Managing Partner and Head of Worldwide Music Rob Light, Marc Geiger (head of William Morris Endeavor’s music division)m and Perry Farrell. Panelists will include Pete Tong, DJs Afrojack, Steve Aoki, Dash Berlin, and a selection of some of music’s most powerful agents and corporate interests.
Pete Tong, Afrojack, Steve Aoki, Dash Berlin, Sam Kirby (WME), Maria May (CAA), Matt Rodriquez (AM Only), Stephanie LaFera (Little Empire Music), Matt Colon (Deckstar) and Beatport CEO Matt Adell.
On the Beat | EDM Press: From mainstream to independent media, our panel of journalists will discuss some the greatest challenges and most compelling storylines emerging from EDM culture today.
Growth & Investment: Leading money managers and financiers talk growth potential and key investment opportunities in dance music and peripherally associated businesses.
Content is King: More than most genres, EDM dominates the digital space. What are the best strategies for generating original content, and how can you monetize content online?
Festivals of the Future: Leading festival promoters and talent reps discuss the latest trends in the field, along with innovations and challenges in the festival arena.
EDM’s Place at the Grammys: What does the Recording Academy do? How do you submit music for awards consideration? How do you become a member? Panelists will also discuss the DJ AM Memorial Fund, and forthcoming documentary on his life.
Let’s Hug It Out | Agents in EDM: Top talent agents discuss their role in developing artists and helping shape the live music space. How do they identify talent, prioritize their roster and assess the best bookings for their clients?
An Introduction to AFEM, the Association for Electronic Music: Find out why the world of EDM needs a global advocacy group to help push the culture forward. AFEM—a future alliance for future music.
Adventures in Clubland: Key players from the nightlife industry discuss best practices and strategy for growth. How does a nightclub stay relevant? How do different markets comparer the conference:
Current list of panelists and speakers for EDMbiz
• Neil Ackland, CEO and Founder, inthemix.com
• Matthew Adell, CEO, Beatport
• Afrojack, Artist/DJ/Producer
• Jila Alaghamandan, Entertainment Director, Insomniac
• Lynn Albers, COO, Spark! Productions Chicago
• Lee Anderson, Agent, AM Only
• Steve Aoki, Artist/DJ/Producer
• Katie Bain, Senior Music Writer, LA Weekly
• Doug Barry, Managing Director, Selby Ventures and Artist Capital Group
• James Barton, President, Live Nation Electronic Music
• Jason Bentley, Music Director, KCRW radio (Moderator)
• John Boyle, Chief Growth Officer and Interim CFO, Insomniac
• Bunny, Creative Director, Insomniac
• Todd Chaffee, General Partner, Institutional Venture Partners
• Costas Charalambous, SVP, SBE Nightlife
• Senthil Chidambaram, CEO, Dancing Astronaut
• Ted Cohen, Managing Director, TAG Strategic
• Matt Colon, Partner / Manager, Deckstar
• Dan Cutforth, Founding Partner, Magical Elves
• Dash Berlin, Artist/DJ/Producer
• Eddie Dean, Owner, Pacha New York
• Dirty South, Artist/DJ/Producer
• Bruce Eskowitz, COO, Red Light Management
• Ari Evans, Founder and CEO, Less Than 3
• Perry Farrell, Artist and Founder, Lollapalooza
• Shelly Finkel, Vice Chairman, SFX Entertainment
• Bill Freimuth, VP of Awards, Grammys
• Marc Geiger, Head of Music, William Morris Endeavor
• Geronimo, Director of Programming Electronic/Dance Format, Sirius XM
• Seth Goldstein, CEO, DJZ
• Martin Gontad, Producer, Creamfields Argentina
• Steve Goodgold, Agent, The Windish Agency
• Steve Gordon, Owner, Circle
• Allan Hardenberg, CEO, Alda Events (A State of Trance, Armin Only, I Am Hardwell)
• Jasja Heijboer, Owner, Ace Agency
• Chris Kantrowitz, Founder and CEO, Gobbler
• Kevin Kerslake, Director, DJ AM Documentary
• Sam Kirby, Agent, WME
• Stephanie LaFera, Owner, Little Empire Music
• Simon Rust Lamb, Esq., COO and General Counsel, Insomniac
• Mikhail LaPushner, CEO and Founder, OneBeat
• Vivien Lewit, Director Content Partnerships Music, YouTube
• Rob Light, Managing Partner and Head of Worldwide Music, Creative Artists Agency
• Jane Lipsitz, Founding Partner, Magical Elves
• Ryan Mac, Reporter, Forbes
• Kerri Mason, GM, inthemix.com and Contributor, Billboard
• Maria May, Agent, CAA
• Daniel Mendoza, Regional Manager, Chapter Operations, Grammys
• Liz Miller, General Manager, Big Beat/Atlantic
• Neil Moffitt, CEO, Angel Management Group (Hakkasan)
• David Moricca, Founder and CEO, Mixify
• Kurosh Nasseri, Attorney at Law and Co-Founder, Association for Electronic Music
• Josh Neuman, Co-Founder, Complete Control/Recreation Worldwide/THUMP
• Sarah Polonsky, Senior Editor, Vibe
• Gary Richards, CEO, HARD Events
• Matt Rodriguez, Agent, AM Only
• Pasquale Rotella, CEO, Insomniac
• Edward Shapiro, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
• Todd Sims, CEO, Flavorus
• Rick Stevens, CEO, Y Entertainment Group (Ron Burkle’s music investment arm)
• Jason Strauss, Managing Partner, TAO Group
• Tommie Sunshine. Label Owner, Brooklyn Fire and Writer, Huffington Post
• Mike Tunnicliffe, Chief Growth Officer, GroupM/WPP
• Ben Turner, Director, Graphite and Co-founder, Association for Electronic Music
• Hunter Williams, Agent, CAA
• Joel Zimmerman, Global Head of Electronic Music, William Morris Endeavor
• Brian Zisk, Managing Director, SF MusicTech Fund and Executive Producer, SF MusicTech Summit