DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
Here’s a taste — if you like what you hear, click past the break for the rest of this week’s SMM.
1. Whether it’s 10pm or 10am, you can never go wrong with Close’s “Beam Me Up.” With help from vocalist Charlene Soraia and Hotflush label boss Scuba, Saul and friends crafted one of the sexiest dance tracks of 2013.
2. Maya Jane Coles can do no wrong. Her deep house remix of Ella Fitzgerald’s “Blue Skies” was easily one of the top tracks from Verve: Remixed, the dance compilation dedicated to honoring jazz’s greatest female singers.
Ella Fitzgerald – Blue Skies (Maya Jane Coles Remix)
3. It’s usually Passion Pit’s material that is subject to remixes, but in this case, the indie pop group are on the other side of the coin, providing a dancey remix to Portugal. The Man’s big single, “Purple Yellow Red & Blue.”
4. Australia’s Sterling Silver is a new name to the world of dance music. That hasn’t stopped his debut indie dance single “End Up Like This” from catching our attention.
5. San Francisco funk enthusiast Funk Leblanc pays tribute to one of his favorite artists, MJ, via a smooth disco remix.