99 reasons to be excited that Electric Zoo is tomorrow
It’s Thursday, August 29th, 2013. You’ve officially scratched off day 364 on your countdown to Electric Zoo since taking the final ferry ride home from last year’s festival. New York City and the tri-state area, the Zoo is officially on the clock with 24 hours remaining until its 5th anniversary. And this year, The Big Apple’s premier event is coming back bigger and better than ever. You’ve seen the line up and set times, fixed up your schedules, and worked up playlists in preparation. If you can’t put your jubilation into words, however, here’s 99 reasons to be excited that Electric Zoo is tomorrow:
1. Spotting more people dressed in neon than business suits in midtown Manhattan.
2. Watching them all flock past Murray Hill towards the East River.
3. Your all-time favorite ferry ride.
4. Running off the ferry to catch Sandro Silva drop “Payback.”
5. Experiencing the inauguration of the Main Stage East.
6. Hurrying to The M Machine at Main Stage for their new Dog Blood remix.
7. Subsequently falling in love with The M Machine.
8. Already experiencing both Main Stages.
9. Taking place in dance music’s East vs West battle.
10. Comparing it to Tupac vs Notorious BIG.
11. Seeing Randall’s Island completely green with grass on day one.
12. Being able to sit on the grass before its danced on for three days straight.
13. Having to choose between Dannic, Bondax, and Kill Paris all before 1pm.
14. Realizing that your tough decisions have only begun.
15. Finding a way to sing a long with the lyric-less “Million Voices” at Otto Knows.
16. Going apeshit when Showtek drops “Get Loose.”
17. Repeating “I just want to get loose when the beat drops” for the rest of the day.
18. Celebrating Electric Zoo’s fifth anniversary.
19. Proudly proclaiming that you’ve been to each of the five festivals;
20. But still feeling the nostalgia of your first Electric Zoo.
21. Checking into the Sunday School Grove to find out who Scuba is.
22. Catching the underground bug at Sunday School Grove
23.Wondering why people are wearing tennis gear at Martin Solveig.
24. Alesso playing “If I Lose Myself” becoming your most memorable moment of the weekend.
25. Relaxing on a hill where you can hear sounds from every stage.
26. Seeing the same faces you see at Pacha, Webster Hall, or Governors Island.
27. Wiping tears off the faces of Above & Beyond fans.
28. Nearly three hours of Dixon and Danny Tenaglia.
29. Skrillex and Boys Noize putting their new Dog Blood EP on display.
30. Having to watch Dog Blood from the tent over after the crowd exceeds capacity.
31. Walking over to Knife Party’s set but;
32. Turning around when you hear Avicii drop “Wake Me Up.”
33. Claiming you got your moneys worth of the ticket price before day one even ends.
34. Someone overhearing you and bragging about their Groupon purchase.
35. Assuming animal nicknames in your group of friends.
36. Overusing the joke “Don’t feed the animals.”
37. Not being able to speak or feel your legs when you wake up for day two.
38. Starting early anyway at both Main Stages with Henrix and Dzeko & Torres.
39. Ordering a coconut water to cure your day one hangover.
40. Ordering a Blue Moon when that doesn’t work.
41. Getting hungry when you spot French Fries in the set times booklet.
42. Enjoying hip-hop from former Eminem DJ, Green Lantern.
43. Deciding if Just Blaze or Baauer pulled off “Higher” the best.
44. Checking out Fehrplay in the absence of Eric Prydz.
45. Watching your favorite artists do live interviews at the SiriusXM station.
46. Hearing Dyro’s new song that he’s been working on for over a month.
47. Justin Martin and Eats Everything’s back-to-back set .
48. Mat Zo’s “Pyramid Scheme” and Madeon’s “Technicolor.”
49. Together you’ve just heard two of August’s hottest tracks in less than one hour.
50. Paying Tribute to Paul from Bingo Players.
51. Being part of the most attended set of the weekend with Hardwell.
52. That awkward moment when a rave guru wants to teach you the PLUR handshake.
53. Not knowing what to do with the beaded bracelet he gives you.
54. Brodinski and Gesaffelstein going back-to-back.
55. Opting to look for bananas at Dada Life’s set rather than waiting on food lines.
56. David Guetta telling Electric Zoo how he’s blown away by the festival’s growth.
57. Telling the nearest stranger how much you love his French accent.
58. A-Trak playing music from the brand new Duck Sauce album.
59. Having your fingers crossed for an Arman Van Helden appearance.
60. Pledging to go to all of the after parties.
61. Working up the energy to make even one of them.
62. Showing up on day three still recovering.
63. Officially woken up when Digital LAB drops hit it.
64. Wondering where all the green grass went on Sunday.
65. Hanging out on the dirt grounds anyway.
66. Jumping right into the day with Alex Metric.
67. Realizing Keys N Krates are responsible for a song that’s been stuck in your head all summer.
68. 3LAU’s bootleg to champagne shower ratio.
69. Krewella premiering new music from their upcoming album.
70. Getting butterflies in your stomach every time they make a “get wet” reference.
71. Sunday School Grove because its Sunday.
72. Wondering how anyone is going to make it to Laurent Garnier at Output after day three.
73. Trying the ass-shaking handstand dance when Diplo drops “Express Yourself.”
74. Hoping no one sees when you fall on your face.
75. Screaming louder than you thought possible for “Clarity” at Zedd’s set.
76. Catching a premiere of a new Lady Gaga track minutes later.
77. Fans with Chipotle signs at Carnage.
78. Avoiding getting hit in the head with a burrito.
79. “No Good” sounding best from Fedde Le Grand.
80. Debating whether to buy the Whale t-shirt or Panda t-shirt.
81. Choosing the Zebra hoodie after 20 minutes of debating.
82. Puppet monkeys at Tommy Trash’s stage.
83. Finding Laidback Luke at a meet and greet.
84. Trying to tell him about that one time he tweeted at you.
85. Jacques Lu Cont’s award winning talent.
86. His hopefully award winning surprise guest.
87. Trying to count how many times you heard “Animals.”
88. Where the hell is Martin Garrix?
89. Wishing Marcus Schulz would play an additional 11 hours.
90. The out of body experience when firework’s accompany “In And Out Of Love” from Armin van Buuren.
91. Instantly reminiscing on Armin van Buuren at Electric Zoo 2011.
92. Standing under trees that illuminate at night.
93. Being in awe of the electronic rain drops.
94. Seeing what the European obsession with Chase & Status is all about.
95. Hoping that Steve Aoki does another olympic-sized cake toss.
96. The watery eyed ferry ride back.
97. Starting the countdown for EZoo 2014.
98. Not only promising to return next year;
99. But that you’ll even be at the tenth anniversary Electric Zoo Festival.