DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week’s edition of Sunday Morning Medicine features some psychedelic dub courtesy of Thievery Corporation, a delightful throwback from Oliver, some future bass from Cashmere Cat, deep house from Serge Devant, and a remix of the XX.
1. Bob Marley and the Wailers’ Legend received a host of top-notch remixes; Thievery Corporation’s take on “Get Up, Stand Up” is one of the best.
2. Oliver puts a groovy spin the Blondie classic, “Heart of Glass.”
3. Cashmere Cat is making waves in the future bass world. His edit of “773 Love” is as sexy as bass music gets.
4. Serge Devant puts a dark deep house spin on Lana Del Rey’s “Young & Beautiful.”
5. The Confect provides an absorbing remix of the XX single, “Angels.”