DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week’s edition of Sunday Morning Medicine features two lighter renditions from the M Machine’s Metropolis Remixed, a nine minute Pryda original, some celestial Jeremy Olander, and a progressive house gem from Feed Me.
1. Metropolis Remixed offered an assortment of compelling productions. Matt Lange’s remix of the M Machine’s “Shadow in the Rose Garden” is a blissful, otherworldy ‘chillstep’ track, and one of the album’s best.
2. Also off Metropolis Remixed, Robotaki offers a natural, earthy house take on the M Machine’s indie-dance tune “A King Alone.”
3. You can never go wrong with some Pryda in the morning. “Bergen” is one of Eric’s newer tunes and the entire nine minutes deserve your utmost attention.
4. Speaking of Pryda (and friends), Jeremy Olander’s “Norrsken”( Swedish for Northern Lights) is a sweet and celestial progressive house production.
5. Finally, Feed Me’s “Relocation” is a much-overlooked progressive house original. While many of his tracks take the headier rout, “Relocation” is an elegant and ornate production.