DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
On this week’s Sunday Morning Meds we fly you through new tunes from Chris Malinchak, Chela and Tensnake, along with some of Stockholm’s local deep house sounds with a smooth new remix from Stimming.
1. First up we have a smooth deep house track by Stockholm’s Mattias Polanco which uses a combination of soul and deep sullen grooves to entrance you inwards.
2. Germany’s Stimming turns Ian Pooley’s “Kid’s Play” into a soft flowing, memorizing track using different elements of percussion and vocal play.
3. Chris Malinchak has a new song out which has already been crowed Pete Tong’s Essential New Tune and uses that same sultry style that brought Chris to number one.
4. Songstress Chela uses indie dance grooves to highlight her upbeat voice in her new single “Romanticise” complete with five remixes of various styles.
5. Tensnake shares a goody off his new album entitled “58 BPM” which uses Firoa’s sweeping vocal to lead the intricate melodies and 80s inspired sound.