DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine – Holiday Edition
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
Although you’re most likely sick of Holiday music at this point, we’re going to infiltrate you with even more festive cheer this time with a dance music flare. We explore a number of genres below including funk, electro and drum & bass to help you expand your current holiday collection.
1.Italy’s Everness takes on the Elvis Presley classic “Blue Christmas” and spins a high-powered backbeat into the ubiquitous melody.
2. Paul McCartney gets drum & bass treatment with the rework of “Wonderful Xmas Time” by Britain’s Mark Wilson.
3. London’s Holmes Price adds a bit of nu disco funk into the classic “Last Christmas” filling your heart with 80s cheer.
4. Amsterdam’s Televisor reworks the classic “We Wish You A Merry Christmas” by adding a touch of electric flare.
5. Sydney’s Terace takes Lorde’s “Swingin’ Party” and adds a warm holiday feel to her soothing voice.
6. DJ Phresh’s live set from Art Basel Miami 2013.