DA's Sunday Morning Medicine
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week’s edition of Sunday Morning Medicine features the exceptional talents of Maribou State, Feed Me, TJR, Jaytech, and Judah. Organized as if it were a live mix, the playlist steadily picks up in intensity, moving from Maribou State’s dreamy rhythms to Jaytech’s potent progressive house.
1. Maribou State’s Truths EP was a thing of beauty. While the entire release is noteworthy, the title track is perfect for Sunday morning meditations.
2. Who would have thought that when you mix TJR with Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” you wind up with a deep and soporific house track.
3. Budding producers Judah deliver a mellow trance take on London Grammar’s beautiful “Strong.”
4. Feed Me’s track record may scream electro, dubstep, and all-around boisterous bass music, but his softer side is well intact. “Dazed” is a perfect example of his more sensitive tendencies.
5. Keeping with the upbeat vibe, we wrap things up with Jaytech’s ‘Progressive Remix’ of Blood Groove & Kikis’ “Mirage.”