DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 52
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week’s edition of Sunday Morning Medicine features some of the most creative dance music minds of our generation, from Mat Zo, to Maya Jane Coles, to KOAN Sound. Rounding out the selection are tracks from underrated producers Coyote Kisses and Patrick Reza.
1. Mat Zo’s Damage Control got my vote for album of the year. “Time On Your Side” is one of the more underrated tracks, boasting an infectious 90’s nostalgia.
2. Maya Jane Coles’ “Back to Square One” is something a bit different from the deep house enchantress: 112 BPM and sexy enough to be a James Bond theme song.
3. KOAN Sound reimagine Ed Sheeran’s catchy single “The A Team” into brilliantly blissful dubstep fashion.
4. Coyote Kisses’ “Diving At Night” is as serene as its title suggests, submerging the listener in an engrossing late night atmosphere.
5. Finally, for any fans of the ultra-clean, supersaw dubstep style (á la Seven Lions or Xilent), Patrick Reza’s “Vitals” is a heavy, yet glistening production.