DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 58
As the dance music world prepares for the impending madness of Miami Music Week, take the time to sneak in a little aural meditation with our latest edition of Sunday Morning Medicine. Beginning with some heavenly downtempo by the seraphic producers themselves, KOAN Sound, we guide you through your morning music exploration with Alex Schulz, Aches, Enigma Dubz, and Bonobo.
1. Whether you’re waking up with the sunrise or slowly pulling yourself out of a post-intoxicated daze, there is no better way to start off your morning than with KOAN Sound’s latest original, “Lost in Time.” Part of their forthcoming Dynasty EP, the track is a celestial dreamscape flourishing with blissful percussion and angelic pads.
2. Alex Schulz may not be a name you’re familiar with, but don’t let that deter you from his latest melodic original, “In the Morning Light.” The German producer combines polished piano work with a reserved bassline and some contagious vocal samples for a delightful final product.
3. Supported by new UK favorites AlunaGeorge, Aches is a rising British producer with a keen ear with unconventional rhythms and smooth vocals. “Her” is his latest and its downright deep.
4. Though well known for his sumptuous dubstep tunes, Enigma Dubz has lately proven a master of classic UK garage. His latest track “We Can Go” is more of the exquisite quality we’ve come to expect from the bass music enthusiast.
5. As if London Grammar’s “Hey You” wasn’t already engrossing enough, downtempo master Bonobo puts his dexterous touch on the affable original.