DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 64
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week we present you with remixes and originals from some of our favorite producers such as Rainer and Grimm, Calvin Harris, L C A W, Robin Schulz and Claptone to help you wind down and make the best of your Sunday.
1. Soothing house cuts and light, percussive strokes define Rainer and Grimm’s remix of Sam Smith‘s “Stay With Me.” Smith’s empowering vocals beckon the listener as per usual while greater definition from the remixers adds a third dimension to the original.
2. Throwback to Calvin Harris‘ “Flashback” from 2009 – but now with a much more simplistic frame. Harris’ powerful progressive synths are replaced with heavy snares and intricate instrumental work to make this more of a listening tune than one for pre gaming.
3. L C A W’s remix of “Darling Are You Gonna Leave Me” implements sunny vibes and a deep house twist to London Grammar‘s beautifully produced original, paying mind to tropical accents such as steel drums and shakers for aded flare.
4. German DJ and producer Robin Schulz remixes another London Grammar favorite, “Shyer.” Delicate plucks and emphatic piano play highlight Shulz’s interpretation.
5. Claptone recently remixed Rüfüs’ “Sundream,” and the result was smooth basslines and groovy pops that set the tone for any Sunday morning.