DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 69
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
The first official weekend of summer and the longest day of the year can wear out even the most seasoned party-goer. Luckily we’ve got your prescription, kicked off with a dose of Bob Moses, a sultry cut from Ultra Records, and more headphone music to ease that throbbing in your head.
1. Bob Moses create another surreal soundscape on “I Ain’t Gonna Be the First to Cry.” This one howls and buzzes with an alt-rock twang.
2. Ultra Records dips its toes in the deep end with Glance Off’s “Shadow.” Sultry French vibes and a bass line that puts your ankles in a vice grip.
3. Alex Addair’s “Make Me Feel Better” will do just that. If your weekend was a blur, Addair’s latest should clear the fog.
4. Clean Bandit is already good. Bontan just makes them better, turning “Extraordinary” into something that is precisely that.
5. It may be two years old but “Alaska” by Last Lynx is top notch headphone music. Smooth melodies and touches of tropical — years before it was cool.