DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 70
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week’s edition of Sunday Morning Medicine showcases some of the most underrated deep house and techno producers of the moment, with Jon Hopkins, Benoit & Sergio, Cubicolor, and Culprit artists Adriatique and Ataxia making cameos.
1. Jon Hopkins’ remix of Four Tet’s “Angel Echoes” is nearly four years old but its soporific charm is as strong as ever.
2. Benoit & Sergio make house music to fall in love to. Their Hot Creations’ track “Bridge So Far” is simply stupendous.
3. Swiss duo Adriatique are some thing else. Their Culprit EP Midnight Walking is utterly fantastic; “Rolling Stone” is sublime of evidence of their abilities.
4. Anjunabeats’ newest talent Cubicolor puts an atmospheric deep house spin on Depeche Mode’s “Never Let Me Down.”
5. Finally, we finish things off with another refreshing dose of deep house from Ataxia.