DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 74
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. Urban Contact are typically known for their melodic dubstep, but damn can they lay down a good deep house beat. Their remix of Bon Iver’s “Babys” is something quite lovely to wake up to.
2. 16 Bit Lolitas may have churned out the deep house track of the summer with “Beat Organ,” utilizing not much more than three beautiful chords and a comfortable beat.
3. TÂCHES is a bit of a hot commodity right now. From originals to remixes, her work is consistently on point. Her new take on RUFUS’s “Sundream” will show you why the blogosphere is so obsessed.
4. Everything Adriatique touches these days turns to pure techno bliss. Their take on Thyladomid’s “The Real Thing” is subtle and reserved but deeply engrossing.
5. Henry Saiz’s productions are akin to interpretations of dreams. “DUST & RUST” is a one-stop journey into a purely fantastical world. Dive in and don’t look back.