DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 75
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. Bulgaria’s KiNK is legendary for his passionate and crafty club sessions, and further exerts his heart and soul into his original productions. The gifted live DJ’s gloomy yet beautiful “Bitter Sweet” takes a raw approach to a relaxed old-school house vibe that rests easy on the ears.
2. As an obvious stand out selection on the successful former iTunes Dance Chart #1 compilation Anjunadeep 05, Lane 8‘s “Be Mine” flaunts crisp sonics layered with rhythmically soothing tones. The simple vocal signature lends a strong heartfelt touch to this delightfully groovy tune.
3. XXYYXX is a unique producer prodigy, whose distinct lo-fi, ambient sound has quickly gained prominence especially across indie electronic music landscapes. The dazed mood of “About You” is a minimalistic and mostly serene audio journey, best enjoyed along with its own trippy music video.
4. “Boiling” is a stunningly dreamy garage number off Disclosure‘s The Face EP that increasingly garnered preemptive attention for the then-up-and-coming UK brother duo. Sinead Harnett’s soulful vocals powerfully embellish the piece’s grooves and shuffling percussion with a special alluring elegance.
5. Cyril Hahn‘s provocative “Perfect Form” combines charming vocals and soft, spacey chords for a rich deep house product. Its keenly sensual theme evokes a rousing edginess that sets this deep record apart from most.