DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 77
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. Classically trained artist Ten Walls is a breath of fresh air in the deep house world. “Walking With Elephants” may still be on repeat, but the darker “Gotham” remains one of our favorites.
2. Progressive house may seem like a dwindling genre but Grum and Andre Sobota have us thinking otherwise with the wonderful “Touch.”
3. Watermat makes a stellar contribution to Spinnin’ Deep with the flanger-enhanced “Bullit.”
4. Innervisions star David August reimagines The Beatles’ “Come Together” into an engrossing deep house track.
5. Above & Beyond meets spiritual bass thanks to Om Unit’s mesmerizing take on “Sticky Fingers.”