Dillon Francis releases ‘When We Were Young,’ album now available for pre-order
Months have passed since we’ve heard new, concrete news regarding Money Sucks, Friends Rule, Dillon Francis’ debut studio album. From hints as to collaborations that may make the album’s final cut to a wide variety of unheard tunes played throughout his recent sets, though, Dillon has kept his fan base on the edge of their seats as they crave new music and information for electronic music’s most famous jokester. Following the debut of the Chain Gang of 1974-featured Sultan & Ned Shepard collaboration “When We Were Young” on SiriusXM’s BPM, Francis announced that his album would be available to preorder, with a fresh copy of the new single, that day on iTunes. The track itself leans toward the mainstream with a melodic and light riff, yet stays true to Dillon’s style with his signature plucks and patches. Confirming what we previously knew about the album art for the forthcoming project with Columbia Records, the album’s cover makes an allusion to an exquisite corpse. The album’s preorder information shows that fans will be waiting until October 28th for the album, and while Dillon is hesitant to reveal the tracklisting through preorder sources, the list of original tracks is sure to be special.
Update: Dillon later let loose the entire tracklist, which can be viewed below.
1. All That (feat. Twista & The Rejectz)
2. Get Low (with DJ Snake)
3. When We Were Young (with Sultan + Ned Shepard feat. Chain Gang of 1974)
4. Set Me Free (with Martin Garrix)
5. Drunk All The Time (feat. Simon Lord)
6. Love in the Middle of a Firefight (feat. Brendon Urie)
7. Not Butter
8. I Can’t Take It
9. We Are Impossible (feat. The Presets)
10. We Make It Bounce (feat. Major Lazer & Stylo G)
11. What’s That Spell? (feat. TJR)