Drug overdose confirmed to be DJ Rashad’s cause of death
In April 2014, the dance music community lost another bright soul; DJ Rashad, a 34-year old icon who led the footwork genre to prominence. While at the time of his death both drug overdose and a blood clot were prevailing suspects, it had been concluded that the latter was the ultimate cause of Rashad’s passing.
Today, however, toxicological test results reveal otherwise. Just more than three months after the fact, Rashad’s test results show that heroin, cocaine and alprazolam (Xanax) were each in his system when he died in his Chicago home on April 26th. Medical officials presume that his death was not intentional.