DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 93
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
If you like long, drawn out techno and deep house — the kind that will hypnotize you before you can even blink — this edition of Sunday Morning Medicine is for you. With nearly all the tracks seven minutes and above, you’ll have to be a bit patient with these, but trust me, the payoff is worth it.
1. All the way from back in 2008, Kollektiv Turmstrasse’s “Lunchtoor” is a little slice of German techno heaven.
2. Guy Gerber is a wizard on the production front; I don’t need to tell you that. “Claire” alongside Clarian is deep house at its finest.
3. The great Alex Niggemann recently brought this mystical gem to Last Night On Earth. Open your mind to the “Earth Symphony.”
4. This one also comes courtesy of Sasha — Phon.o’s “Schn33” is cinematic techno plain and simple.
5. Sticking with the strings, Jonas Mantey’s “Sie Ist Schön” blends progressive and orchestral elements for an engrossing eight-minute affair.