DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 109
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. Hamburg deep house luminaries Kollektiv Turmstrasse instill everything they do with a sense of soul and purpose. Their new remix of “Volkwein” is another refined offering from the duo.
2. Though typically known for his jazzy house work, HNNY’s remix of Tiger Stripes is somewhere along the lines of psychedelic trip hop — think DJ Shadow meets The Flaming Lips.
3. Copenhagen’s WhoMadeWho are experimental enough as is, but Kiwi recently transformed the group’s lead single “Dreams” into a 107 BPM deep house number.
4. You’ll typically find Frenchman Dirty Zblu crafting more aggressive stylings of bass music, but “My Way” is pure bliss.
5. What do you get when you meld the minds of Asa, Culprate and Steelan? An otherworldly assemblage of bass music that requires your utmost attention.