DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 111
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. The brilliant minds of Max Cooper and composer Tom Hodge have conspired to create a three track EP. Lead single “Remnants” places a warm piano hook over a broken, glitchy electronica beat for a dreamy ambient production.
2. KOAN Sound’s new Forgotten Myths EP is shaping up nicely. “View From Above” is likely the chillest cut from the release, blending the duo’s next-level drum programming with some mystical pad work.
3. T. Williams is the definition of a UK heavyweight. Having been brought up in the grime game, he now makes everything from thumping garage to jazzy numbers like “Days End” off his recent Acoustic Treatment EP.
4. Hunter/Game continue to push their brand of spell-binding deep house. In a similar vein to Tale of Us, their latest original “Genesis” spirals on with a meditative drive.
5. Odesza remixes never get old, and new outfit Seigyn have put a fresh spin on “White Lies” by transposing the vocals down and layering some colorful chords underneath.