DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 112
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. Kastle may have delivered his strongest remix to date with his new breathtaking new take on “Build The City.” The LA producer warps a cosmic narrative around syncopated garage beats and swerving bass leads for a refreshing spin on new Monstercat artist Karma Fields.
2. US imprint Kolour Recordings continues to push authentic, Chicago-inspired deep house with new single by Athan, “Wefeel.”
3. Taking things over to Germany, deep house gurus Super Flu teamed up with musicians from the Dortmunder Philharmoniker for “Volkwein.”
4. It’s always a treat to hear new music from Marek Hemmann; new original “Alice” is the hypnotizing kind of cut we’ve come to expect from the Berlin producer.
5. On a more mystical tip, Bird of Prey teamed up with ambient legend Robert Rich and guitarist Ryan Johnson for “Pathfinder:” a dreamy midtempo piece with enough psychedelic sound design to make Carlos Castaneda proud.