DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 115
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. Icelandic duo Kiasmos are responsible for some of the most engrossing minimal music of the last few years. Try on “Thrown” for size and check out their self-titled album if your interest is piqued in the slightest.
2. You can always count on Henry Saiz to deliver a bit of mysticism to the dance floor. His remix of Eekkoo & Flowers and Sea Creatures’ “4th Bell” is a desert dream.
3. Andhim have come to be a defining force in Germany’s house scene. Earlier this year they gave away cerebral cut “Drom” for free.
4. M.A.N.D.Y. breathe consistency and “Gizmo” served as another massive record for the duo on their label Get Physical.
5. We end things on an experimental note with Nils Frahm’s remix of Jon Hopkins: a combination which is nearly too awesome to conceptualize.