DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 116
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. David August has proven one of Berlin’s more promising deep house talents; his new remix of “The Acid” is further evidence of his transcendent abilities.
2. Inspected’s newest musical whiz is Diversa: a mysterious producer whose productions are a mix of jazz, breaks, and hip hop. The combination is enough to leave any self-respecting music fan with a fat grin on their face.
3. We don’t normally share two tracks in a row from the same artist, but in light of Diversa and his Inspected debut, here’s another one from his new EP.
4. It doesn’t get much dreamier than Alina Baraz & Galimatias new Urban Flora EP. “Show Me” is like a sensuous late-night lullaby.
5. Remixes of Karma Fields’ “Build the Cities’ have been abundant to say the least, but Redial’s glorious half-time rendition deserves a bit of love for its unique approach.