DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 120
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. If you’re in the mood for some musing, try this one on for size. It’s 14 minutes of dub techno and house from
English electronic pioneers The Orb.
2. A Nicolas Jaar remix of Maceo Plex seems like something out of a dream by today’s standards, yet 4 years ago, it was indeed a reality.
3. Kidnap Kid gets a worthy makeover from deep house technician OXIA.
4. Luca Lush lives up to his namesake by providing a radiant new production sampling Alan Watts for a forward-thinking disco feel.
5. Cosmic Quest’s mastery of string and piano arrangements over future-savvy beats is simply infectious.