DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 122
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. Hip-hop legend Talib Kweli has fared well in his few cameos on electronic productions. He’s paired well with Pretty Lights in the past and more recently, with GRiZ on “For The Love.” The soulful collaboration laid the perfect groundwork for Autograf‘s smooth remixing skills.
2. Coyote Kisses strikes the perfect blend of grooving melodies, spastic sample selections, and breezy rhythms on their latest. Clamorous but laid back all at once, their latest cut is called “Illusion.”
3. OWSLA‘s Vindata have reemerged with new music on Skrillex‘s label, but don’t look to the duo for growling bass monsters. Their sound lays along more docile lines. Enlisting vocalist Kenzie May for their latest, Vindata offer up “Wide Awake.”
4. Ryan Hemsworth provides an ultra-mellow, quiet piece, aptly titled “Afterglow,” for those looking for the most relaxed of sounds.
5. ODESZA‘s take on Hayden James’ “Something About You,” is euphoric and vibrant, pushing their infectious sound perfectly on this official remix.