Stereosonic experiences second death in one week
On November 28, Sylvia Choi, a 25-year-old chemist, overdosed during the Sydney leg of Stereosonic’s traveling tour. Despite increased security and warnings made through the festival’s official Facebook page, a second attendee, 19-year-old Stefan Woodward, has passed away from a potential drug overdose while at Stereosonic in Adelaide. The death of Woodward arrives just one week after that of Choi’s.
Woodward was transported to the Royal Adelaide Hospital at around 5pm on Saturday, where he later died. Those involved in the case found orange pills on him, which were imprinted with dollar signs.
Two other people are also currently being treated at RAH for life-threatening overdoses. In Melbourne, where Stereosonic was also taking place, another teenager is in critical condition, where six people overdosed over the weekend.