Pioneer DJ unveils their next line of professional DJ equipment
Pioneer DJ has long served as the industry standard for mixing equipment in the dance music domain. Their line of CDJs can be found in just about any nightclub or festival setting, while their DJM mixer continues to be a top choice for DJs everywhere.
Now, Pioneer DJ has unveiled the next phase in their storied lineage of equipment: the CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2. The brand new Nexus models build upon the industry giant’s flagship series, bringing along a host of new features in the process.
The largest emphasis has been placed on the transition into more high fidelity audio. The CDJ-2000NXS2, for instance, has a 96 kHz/24-bit sound card, and supports FLAC/Apple Lossless Audio (ALAC). Likewise, the DJM-900NXS2 utilizes Pioneer DJ’s first ever 64-bit mixing processor.
Both units will be available in February of 2016, and will retail for $2,199.00 each. Check out the full list of features below, and watch Pioneer DJ’s introduction videos to get the full scoop on both products.
NEW FEATURES OF THE CDJ-2000NXS2
Enhanced, next generation sound with support for FLAC/ALAC files
Every aspect of the CDJ-2000NXS2’s sound design has been fine-tuned to produce a crisper, clearer sound and support the highest quality audio formats:
- 96 kHz/24-bit sound card: high-res sound reproduction with no loss of quality.
- FLAC and ALAC support: play with the highest quality formats.
- Improved Digital Out: ensures a detailed reproduction of high-res audio.
- 32-bit D/A converter: eliminates distortion and noise on analog sources.
- Separate analog power supply: reduces unwanted noise.
- Full-color touch screen with faster browsing and more detailed track information
The CDJ-2000NXS2 has a high resolution, 7-inch touch screen, and adds a host of features for faster browsing and more intuitive performances:
- Track Filter mode: use the touch screen to filter tracks by rekordbox information such as BPM, key or My Tags.
- Keyword search: bring up the Qwerty keyboard to search for tracks by name.
- Multicolored wave display: full-color wave form and Wave Zoom.
- Needle Countdown: touch a point in the track to see how many beats away it is.
- Shortcut button: instantly switch to Browse mode or bring up My Settings.
- Expanded performance features for even greater possibilities and creativity
The CDJ-2000NXS2 builds on its predecessor’s most popular features – including Beat Sync, Slip Mode and Hot Cue Auto Load – and takes it up a gear with:
- 8 color-coded Hot Cues: two banks of four Hot Cues deliver even more choice and control in the mix. Either set the cues and colors in rekordbox or use the simplified workflow to set them on-the-fly.
- MIDI controller interface: connect the DDJ-SP1 add-on controller with one USB cable to control up to 4 CDJ-2000NXS2s using Pro DJ Link – giving you instant access to more Hot Cues, loops, slip mode and browsing.
- Fractional beat Quantize: choose between ⅛, ¼ and ½ beat Quantize for more precision and versatility.
- Pro DJ Link enables even more features
Pro DJ Link lets you share one source across up to four players and unlocks a host of information and features such as Beat Sync and Beat Countdown. Now we’ve added:
- More detailed Phase Meter: see the track’s progression through the bar, beats and between the beats.
- Improved beat grids: beat grids are now accurate to the microsecond, exactly matching the rekordbox beat grid for total reliability over the course of a mix.
- Quantized Beat Jump: jump backward or forward 1 beat from the current playback position.
- See full rekordbox track information including NEW color-coded Memory Cues
As always, you can analyze and prepare your tracks in rekordbox and view vital information on the player’s screen, including BPM, Beat Countdown and Phase Meter. New to the CDJ-2000NXS2 are Memory Cues, which let you name a cue, e.g. ‘my breakdown’, give it a color, and then see that information on the CDJ-2000NXS2’s screen.
- Other features
- Supports rekordbox dj HID control – a rekordbox dj add-on that will be available soon.
- Three-position lever for Slip Reverse, Forward and Reverse.
- Multi-colored USB port light: shows a color you’ve pre-set in rekordbox (e.g. blue for a techno USB stick) when you plug the USB stick in.
- High quality, anti-scratch aluminum top plate.
NEW FEATURES OF THE DJM-900NXS2
- High quality audio components for a warm, detailed sound
The DJM-900NXS2 has undergone a complete overhaul under the bonnet to deliver clear sound with more depth and color:
- Improved digital sound processing: 64-bit mixing processor, enhanced dithering technology, and a low-jitter clock – all deliver a warm, natural analog sound.
- 96 kHz/24-bit sound card and direct digital connection: accurately reproduces high-res audio.
- Newly developed power supply: eliminates unwanted noise and delivers a warmer sound.
- Improved analog input: a new phono amp circuit, plus a new signal GND terminal to easily attach ground wires from analog turntables.
- Improved EQ, fader and clip controls for smoother mixes
The DJM-900NXS2 has more nuanced frequency and volume controls for smoother, more dynamic mixing:
- Improved channel fader curves: the three curves have been fine-tuned for more precision and control.
- New EQ curves: even more precision across the highs, mids and lows.
- More accurate clip indicator: a redesigned gain structure ensures meters don’t go into the red too early.