Secret Solstice reveals world’s most expensive festival ticket for $1 million
Iceland’s Secret Solstice Festival isn’t afraid to think outside the box when it comes to increasing awareness and enticing fans to make the trek to the remote island nation this June. Since the festival is held on a diminishing glacier, time is of the essence. That’s why the festival has locked in Radiohead to headline this year’s iteration and will be holding an exclusive show inside of a volcano.
In another grandiose move, the festival offered $200,000 VVVVIP tickets last year. For 2016, however, they’ve upped the ante, offering the single most expensive concert ticket in the world, coming in at a glacier-cool $1 million USD. All that scratch buys the prospective festival-goer serious and extensive amenities, among them: a private chartered jet to and from Iceland from any spot on Earth, food and drinks, access to the most restricted areas of the festival, 24/7 car service and personal assistants, whale and dolphin watching adventures, private concerts put on by Icelandic musicians, and helicopter rides from the capital Reykjavík to the Langjökull glacier for exclusive performances.
For those lucky individuals who are interested, the full package is listed below. Secret Solstice will be held June 16-19.
- Private chartered business jet (Gulfstream G300 or similar) return to Iceland from any destination on Earth for 6 people
- 24/7 access to two luxury cars, personal drivers, and private security for the entire week in Iceland
- Luxury 6-room villa for 7 nights in the center of Reykjavík over the Secret Solstice 2016 festival week
- Exclusive admittance to Secret Solstice 2016, including chaperoned access to off-limits areas of the festival site where possible
- Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Volcano event, the world’s first concert inside a volcano over the Secret Solstice 2016 weekend, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Private viewing areas for all major acts at Secret Solstice 2016, where possible
- Access to the private VIP artists bar on the festival site, only accessible by main stage artists and super-VIP guests
- The world famous Blue Lagoon reserved privately for an evening for the ticket purchasers and their invited guests, plus helicopter transfers for the ticketholders to the Blue Lagoon from Reykjavík
- Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Glacier event, the world’s only event inside Langjökull glacier, including. helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Access to the Secret Lagoon party in a 120+ year-old geothermal lagoon (Iceland’s oldest), including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Access to Secret Solstice 2016’s Midnight Sun Boat Party
- Private concert outside Reykjavík by prominent Icelandic act in a lava field, including helicopter transfers to the location
- Private show at the guests’ holiday residence in Iceland by prominent Icelandic act
- Private half-day Icelandic nature helicopter tour, to experience Iceland’s incredible natural sights from the air, with champagne lunch at a geothermal hotspot
- Personal engraved and framed memorial ticket for each guest, made from Icelandic lava rock
- 24/7 access to personal assistants during your stay in Iceland
- Private Icelandic dining experience with a prominent Icelandic chef personal chef at your holiday residence on a chosen night during your stay
- Private Icelandic food experiences on site at Secret Solstice 2016 on request
- Introductions where possible to Secret Solstice 2016 artists
- All food/drinks at Secret Solstice 2016, including hyper-premium drinks
- Private whale & dolphin watching tour
- Private airplane day tour over Iceland’s south coast, including Vatnajökull glacier and the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
- Midnight sun glacier walk on top of a glacier in Iceland with the sun still up after midnight, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík, and a private glacier snowmobile experience
- Private tours of any additional Icelandic holiday/tourist experiences where possible, with time permitting
- More to be announced soon!