EDC’s Basspod stage catches fire during Andy C’s performance
Andy C’s Saturday night performance from EDC‘s Basspod stage was, in a very literal sense, “fire.” Around 3am, amidst the drum & bass legend’s set, one of the stage props managed to catch fire. Stage workers rushed to put out the flames, caused by a malfunctioning pyrotechnic device, but failed to put out the blaze until the festival’s on-call firefighters arrived at the scene.
Fortunately, no one was seriously injured by the fire, save for one stage worker who was later treated for mild burns. Meanwhile, Andy C continued to put forth a series of powerful outputs without hesitation as the flames were extinguished, but then had to end his set shortly afterward. The video above reveals the burning stage prop around 30 seconds in.
H/T: Fox 5 Las Vegas