Man who died in fire at Glastonbury discovered ‘doused in petrol’
After news surfaced that a circus performer was set ablaze at Glastonbury late last month just days before the festival was to take place, it has been revealed that the man was “doused in petrol.” At 27 years old, Ashton Launcherley suffered severe burns across 95% of his body and died due to inhalation injury and organ failure.
Coroner Tony Williams said of the incident: “On the afternoon of 20 June Mr Launcherley was discovered ablaze. He was doused in petrol and he was ablaze. Mr Launcherley was airlifted from the scene to Southmead hospital in Bristol and then to the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham where he died the next day.”
Despite the tragedy, Coroner Tony Williams argues that the death was purely accidental and that there is little evidence that a homicide took place.
A JustGiving page was launched to help raise money for Launcherley’s family. Go here to donate.
Via: Fact Mag