The Radar 62: Mixed by Jimbo James
Jimbo James is something of a house music renaissance man. A formidable player in San Diego’s burgeoning dance community, James has made a name for himself over the past few years thanks to his trusted tastemaking abilities.
Under the banners of Lovelife, Lovecast, and Music is 4 Lovers, he’s helped foster one of San Diego’s more dedicated house music followings alongside his close friend and compatriot DADON. Meanwhile, on the DJ front, he’s performed everywhere from Ibiza to Lightning in a Bottle and BPM Festival, bringing his delectable brand of house, techno, and disco all around the world.
For episode 62 of The Radar, Jimbo James takes us through an infectious hour of hand-picked selections, channeling beachfront dancefloors and paradisiac soundscapes. The mix kicks off in slower, hypnotic territory, before effortlessly picking up steam with some truly jackin’ offerings. When all is said and done, it’s a masterful showcase of how to build the energy in a set and deftly move through different tempos.
01) Mike Woods – That Dexter Thing (Original Mix) [Masterworks]
02) Tripmann – Shadow Dancing (Original Mix) [SoulBuilding]
03) Oscar – Slow Motion (Original Mix) [Denote]
04) Al Kent – 4006 (Original Mix) [Razor-N-Tape Records]
05) Junktion – Fling Cleaning (Original Mix) [Razor-N-Tape Records]
06) Mihai Popoviciu – Triumph (Original Mix) [Bondage Music]
07) Martin Waslewski – Getting Lonely (Original Mix) [No Brainer Records]
08) Superlover – Timeless (Original Mix) [Mother Recordings]
09) Alex Finkin – Ciara’s Kisses (Original Mix) [Instinctive Records]
10) Fouk – Whiskey Ginger (Original Mix) [Razor-N-Tape Records]
11) Igor Krsmanovic – Pophero (Original Mix) [InStereo Recordings]
12) Al Kent – Come Back Home (Original Disco Version) [Razor-N-Tape Records]