Ja Rule apologizes for Fyre Festival scandal, says it was ‘NOT A SCAM’
The Bedlam of Fyre Festival has been on the tips of everyones tongues (and thumbs) today, April 28. Across the country, millions of people have been outspoken about the unfortunate disparity between expectation and reality that attendees faced upon reaching the “rich kids’ refugee camp.” However, amid the countless reactions of outrage, empathy, and schadenfreude which have pervaded the Internet for the past day, one voice had been noticeably silent until now: that of Fyre co-founder, Ja Rule.
Early this afternoon, the rapper and mogul posted an apology for the situation that his company, Fyre Media, had incurred, stating, “We are working right now to get everyone of [sic] the island SAFE that is my immediate concern…I will make a statement soon I’m heartbroken at this moment…”
Ja Rule also claimed that the festival was, contrary to what many have said, “NOT A SCAM,” before somewhat oxymoronically noting, “I apologize as this is NOT MY FAULT…but I am taking responsibility.” The Fyre Media co-founder also claims he is “making sure everything is refunded.”
View the full apology below:
— Ja Rule (@Ruleyork) April 28, 2017