Claptone to release new album, ‘FANTAST’
The musical masquerade will forge ahead: Claptone is set to release a new album via Different Recordings and [PIAS] come June 8. Entitled FANTAST, the 13-track offering will function as a follow up to Charmer, Claptone’s debut album that released back in 2015. FANTAST will feature collaborations with a variety of artists, including Zola Blood, Nathan Nicholson, Matt Simons, Kele Okereke, and more.
FANTAST is a project that has engaged the enigmatic masked musician for the past two-years: “Over the last two-years it has been a great pleasure to work on this album as a counterpoint to the hectic world of travelling as a DJ,” Claptone states of the album. Claptone identifies FANTAST as “a dreamy, a heartfelt, at times a naïve and surely escapist album,” questioning “but what to do if one — on the quest for his soul — develops a strong desire to go back to his roots, back to nature?” in his definition thereof. “Did I find myself on that journey?” Claptone asks, classifying the production of FANTAST as a stimulating and introspective body of work.
The full tracklist for FANTAST appears below.
Claptone – ‘Fantasist’
- Birdsong (feat. Zola Blood)
- In The Night (feat. Ben Duffy)
- Under The Moon (feat. Nathan Nicholson)
- Stay The Night (feat. Tender)
- Stronger (feat. Ben Duffy)
- Bad Thing (feat. Jones)
- Wildside (feat. Matt Simons)
- Abyss Of Love (feat. Nathan Nicholson)
- La Esperanza (feat. Katie Stelmanis)
- A Waiting Game (feat. Nathan Nicholson)
- Cruising (So They Say) (feat. Kele)
- Animal (feat. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)
- Alone (feat. Blaenavon)
H/T: DJ Mag