DJ Koze announces first album in five years, follows with two-track EP
German DJ and hip-hop vanguard DJ Koze announced a new album, Knock Knock, is set for release on Pampa Records in May.
The 16-track LP marks Stefan Kozalla’s first since 2013’s Amygdala. Kozalla’s revealed the tracklist will feature an exciting number of guest artists. While some electronic artists run into an issue of having “too many guests” and thereby lack a signature sound, DJ Koze stands as an exception. Knock Knock will feature vocals from Bon Iver —though it’s just a sampling of the hit “Calgary” — Róisín Murphy, Mano Le Tough, Sophia Kennedy, and US rapper Speech (of Arrested Development).
Ahead of the record, he’s shared a kaleidoscopic new release, of “Seeing Aliens” and “Nein König Nein” on its B-side.
Knock Knock Tracklist:
01. Club Der Ewigkeiten
02. Bonfire feat. Bon Iver
03. Moving In A Liquid feat. Eddie Fummler
04. Colors Of Autumn feat. Speech
05. Music On My Teeth feat. José González
06. This Is My Rock feat. Sophia Kennedy
07. Illumination feat. Róisín Murphy
08. Pick up
09. Planet Hase feat. Mano Le Tough
10. Scratch That feat. Róisín Murphy
11. Muddy Funster feat. Kurt Wagner
12. Baby (How Much I LFO You)
14. Lord Knows
15. Seeing Aliens
16. Drone Me Up, Flashy feat. Sophia Kennedy
Knock Knock is out via Pampa Records on May 4.
Photo Credit: Yves Krier