Soundtrack to Ultra 20
Ultra celebrated a monumental twentieth anniversary this past weekend. Organizers wrapped UMF’s birthday with several landmark wins — its acquisition of Winter Music Conference, a Swedish House Mafia reunion, and a long-fought promise to return to their beloved venue at Miami’s Bayfront Park.
Along with the weekend came a bevy of top industry taste maskers spotlighting the upcoming year’s most popular dance floor anthems in their sets. Over the weekend, 1001tracklists.com compiled a list of the Top Ten most-played tracks at Ultra Music Festival. From singles one might expected to see from names like Drake, Skrillex, and GTA, a deeper listen into the list reveals some tracks that will surely surprise and delight.
In years past, the tracks dominating Ultra’s main stage were seen as a way to forecast which generic trends might be dominating the festival season cycle. The sheer diversity in this year’s compiled list displays a wider range of genre crossing, however, which speaks to dance music’s diversification of tastes and sounds.
Here are the top ten tracks most played tracks at Ultra 2018.
1. Drake – God’s Plan [OVO]
2. Gammer – The Drop [Monstercat]
3. 4B &TEEZ – Whistle [Premiere Class]
4. 4B & Aazar – Pop Dat [FREE]
5. Valentino Kahn – Lick It [Spinnin’]
6. GTA ft. DJ Funk – Booty Bounce (GTA Hyprr Mix) [Free/Mad Decent]
7. DJ Snake – Magenta Riddim [Geffen/Universal]
8. David Guetta, Martin Garrix, & Brooks – Like I Do [What A Music]
9. Skrillex & Habstrakt – Chicken Soup [OWSLA]
10. Skrillex & Rick Ross – Purple Lamborghini [Atlantic/Warner]