8 things we learned from Rob Swire’s Reddit AMA
“I’d like to preface this by saying I sincerely regret agreeing to this AMA.”
And thus, Rob Swire‘s July 13 Reddit AMA began.
The outspoken Pendulum musician took to the internet to answer fan questions on the release day of his collaboration with deadmau5, “Monophobia.” He covered everything from unreleased tunes to current EDM trends in the Reddit ‘ask me anything.’ Read it in full here.
1. He’s not a fan of current EDM trends, particularly trap.
2. There’s a 14-year-old Swire/Sub Focus collab out there somewhere.
3. Don’t bring an urn to a show.
4. He regrets every song he’s made for some reason or another.
5. He’s down with what Porter Robinson and Four Tet are making these days.
6. New Knife Party is imminent.
7. There are a bunch of Pendulum/Knife Party tracks/collabs in the works, but a lot of them probably won’t see the light of day.
8. Making 2008’s In Silico wasn’t an easy process.