DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
We start your Sunday healing with stunning selections from Monitor 66, Drop Lamond, Bondax, Tempogeist and Du Tonc which are guaranteed to help you get into a relaxed groove.
If you’re looking for our slower selections from this week, make sure to check out Francesco Rossi’s “Paper Aeroplane,” Oliver & Thee Mike B remix of Blondie’s “Heart of Glass,” preview of Jamie Jone’s new EP, Flight Facilities “I Didn’t Believe,” and the “Reverse Skydiving” remixes from Hot Natured.
1. Swedish duo Monitor 66 turn Portecho’s “Seven Stops” into a blissful, relaxed deep house tune reminiscent of their subtle but effective grooves in the past.
2. It’s hard to ever tire of Ellie Goulding remixes especially when Drop Lamond adds a haunting melody and funky synths to her hit “Dead in the Water.”
3. Garage outfit Bondax takes on Blackstreet’s classic “No Diggity” working in an upbeat tempo to the renowned vocals confirming this the hottest new wave of sound.
4. Belgian groove-master’s Tempogeist take on Satin Jacket‘s new single “Only You” by adding a tropical disco sound tinged with feel good sunshine vibes.
5. Finally we take Du Tonc’s new single as premiered on Tensnake’s Essential Mix, made up of London producer Mighty Mouse and Van She taking us right into the heart of summer.