DA’s Best of the Rest: Wednesday August 14th, 2013
Best of the Rest is a daily feature from Dancing Astronaut that recaps the most important posts of the day as well as the stuff we didn’t get to. With the rapidity that dance music news and releases come out it’s difficult for us to hit everything — we hope BOTR serves as a catch-all. Make sure to check it out at the end of each day to ensure you don’t miss anything!
DA POSTS YOU CAN’T MISS
1. TomorrowWorld has announced it’s main stage lineup.
2. deadmau5 is in the studio again, this time previewing two new projects.
3. Calvin Harris, Tiësto and David Guetta take the top 3 spots on Forbes Highest Paid DJs list.
MORE MUSIC AND NEWS
1. Plastic Plates take on The Aston Shuffle’s “Can’t Stop Now” with a blast of nu disco flickers.
2. Sweater Beats and Arnold’s “Jello Drip” is a tripped out, downtempo masterclass in vocal stutters and percussive flairs.
3. The Tailors take Tracy’s “Give Me One Reason” and add an swinging backbone of island vibes – appropriately dubbing the genre ‘Coconut:’