DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 57
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week we present you with remixes and originals from some of our favorite producers such as Maths Time Joy, Tensnake, LDRU & Yahtzel, MK and Lemaitre to help you wind down and make the best of your Sunday.
1. One of our favorite bedroom producers Maths Time Joy remixes V V Brown’s “Faith” featuring Kele Okereke on vocals turning it into a sensual, smooth play on the original.
2. A stand out track on Tensnake‘s new album Glow, “Good Enough to Keep” combines Nile Rodger’s disco vibes with Fiora’s delicate vocal work creating a funky, nu disco rhythm.
3. Future Classic releases a new single from LDRU & Yahtzel entitled “The Only One” which uses deep bass and fiery Caribbean-style percussion to create a unique pulse.
4. Remix master MK releases his latest rework, this time taking on Rudimental’s “Powerless” and inserting deep grooves upon layers of impressive synth work and melodies.
5. Norway’s Lemaitre uses sultry vocal work, elegant piano melodies and striking guitar riffs to create an indie dance feel that is ripe with emotion.