DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 84
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate any agonizing effects that a long weekend of partying might have incurred.
This week is all about showing off the furthest nooks and crannies of electronic music. From Karma Kid to KOAN Sound to some Australian video game soundtrack composers, we feature plenty of innovative artists pushing the creative fold in their respective niches.
1. Asa makes beautiful bass music. The Bristol producer has teamed up with YouTube piano sensation Evan Duffy to create “The Reason.”
2. The newest original from Karma Kid is no joke. Filled with some inventive resampling and sound design, “No Qualms” is wonderfully weird.
3. It doesn’t get much better than a collaboration between Boys Noize and Chilly Gonzales. “Royalty” taken from their Octave Minds’ album is a full display of their collaborative charisma.
4. Power Glove has made a name through film and video game scoring. Their remix to “4am” is something like a mixture between Kavinsky and Nero.
5. This is easily the mellowest selection of the week, but KOAN Sound’s “Lost In Thought” is absolutely mesmerizing. Take the time to indulge in some meditative introspection if you’re so inclined.