DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine: Volume 97
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
1. Ofenbach and FDVM use tribal chants to capture the essence of the blistering sun on their collab “Kumbaye.”
2. Real Slow’s “Drowned Out” is a sonic smoke session designed to take the edge off that throbbing in your frontal lobe.
3. You may have never heard of Kimyan Law, but this Austrian producer’s mesmerizing beat work is absolutely otherworldly. Ambient and entrancing, “Copperclock” will help you ease into your lazy Sunday.
4. Macksimus “Don’t Ever” pairs sax and soul singing into a track that plays well on the dance floor or in a pair of headphones.
5. An old favorite, Karma Kid’s “Feels Like I’m on Fire” was Sunday Morning Medicine worthy without Charles Murdoch’s touch. Now its tech house perfection combined with the Kid’s soothing touch.